Sunday, January 27, 2013

Taking the plunge...


When I was kid, my mom would take us walking in the park. Whenever someone would stop to coo over my baby sister and ask how old we were, Mom inevitably answered: "The doctor is 7, and the lawyer is 1."


Fast-forward a few decades, and what do you know? Doctor and lawyer, bingo!



I love practicing medicine. I especially enjoy the rewards of taking care of entire families over long periods of time.



But secretly, I always dreamed about writing. Over the years, I dabbled as time permitted: freelancing for various local newspapers, doing a summer stint as a teaching assistant at a creative writing program, penning a few manuscripts that promptly got relegated to the bottom of some desk drawer.



Thanks to my wonderful husband, who encouraged me to blow the dust off one of those manuscripts, I'm finally pursuing my dream! Not full-time, to be sure. I'm still a physician with a busy practice, and a mom with three kids. But after the charts are done and the kids are asleep, it's just me and my laptop---and, boy, am I having fun!



Pursued by the Playboy is my debut novel. It's a contemporary romance, set in Philadelphia, where I grew up.



Why romance, you ask? Because I love a guaranteed happy ending. I hope you do, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment